banner_3 banner banner_2

banner_1 banner_4

15.2.12

Oh boy...or girl! | Greensboro Maternity Photographer

I was honored and excited when Susannah asked me to photograph she and her husband's private gender reveal. You see, a LOT of people are excited about this baby. What's the big deal you might be thinking, people are ALWAYS excited about babies, what makes this one so much more special?

Last year, shortly after I met Susannah, what started out as a routine prenatal visit turned into a three-day stay in the hospital and the delivery of her stillborn angel girl. She was so excited for her baby and several hearts broke for her and Ben the day we found out. When I found out she was pregnant again, my heart soared for her. Ben and Susannah are such amazing people and I'm always amazed at how open she is to sharing her feelings and experiences with others. For those who might be experiencing the same thing, feel free to visit their blog to find comfort, motivation, and understanding through your difficult time.

Now on to the pictures:)

1

2

3

4

The balloons struggled coming out at first...

5

Then after Ben helped them they got swept away pretty much instantly, dang wind!

6

7

DSC_2244

8

DSC_2241

9

DSC_2266w

10

DSC_2243w

DSC_2264w

DSC_2239

OH BOY!!!! I am so happy for this new addition to their family and can't wait to meet the little fella. Congratulations, Ben and Susannah!

ps- aren't they so cute together?

3 comments:

Susannah said...

I love it! And I think the cards worked out well!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna said...

Hi Ashley,
Been nice to catch up on your pictures. They are quite gorgeous and always capture such happy moments. I must wonder though, in times of such dire environmental straights, aren't there better ways to hold gender reveals other than recklessly releasing plastic balloons into nature? Just a thought for responsible photography . . .
Jenna